[R] problem with cclust[er] package

Igor Oleinik ioleinik at profitlogic.com
Wed Mar 5 21:42:44 CET 2003

Here is a bit of outer loop too:

			library(cclust)
			# clustering algorithm using k-means
			bDone <- 0
			ncntrs <- 2
			browser()
			while (bDone == 0) {

				# k-means with ncntrs (changes from 1 to
number of points) centers
				# problem starts here on the second call in
debugging mode
				# res1 is 16X52 matrix

				cl <- cclust(res1, ncntrs, iter.max  = 20,
verbose = TRUE, dist="manhattan", method="kmeans")

				# max distance from center to to any point
in cluster
				meandist <- sqrt(max(cl$withinss/cl$size)) *
20/52

				if (meandist < 0.1) bDone = 1

				ncntrs <- ncntrs + 1
				if (ncntrs > seascnt) bDone = 1

			} # while (bDone = 0)

I am running Win2000, R 1.6.2. I installed R
over the Internet.

Igor.