REmbeddedPostgres question Re: [R] How to change the default library directory?

Bai Yan baiyan at ece.ogi.edu
Mon Mar 3 06:38:03 CET 2003

Hi,

I just figured out this problem by setting up the R_LIBS environment.
But a new question came up when I tried to install the REmbeddedPostgres
package. It seems this package must be installed in /usr/lib/R but cannot
be install into a user-specified library directory. Anybody here had such
experiences?

The error message is:

%%R CMD INSTALL -c -l $R_LIBS REmbeddedPostgres_0.2.tar.gz
* Installing *source* package 'REmbeddedPostgres' ...
creating cache ./config.cache
checking for crypt in -lcrypt... yes
You need to compile the R shared library 'libR.so'
in the R distribution (/usr/lib/R)
ERROR: configuration failed for package 'REmbeddedPostgres'

TIA,

Yan Bai