[R] regression for several responses

Thomas W Blackwell tblackw at umich.edu
Fri Jun 27 20:49:36 CEST 2003

Martin  -

My recollection is that if the left hand side in a model formula
is a matrix (in your case an [n x 100] matrix) then either lm()
or glm() will return a matrix of coefficients.  These are the point
estimates for a multivariate regression (meaning, multivariate
response).  I hunted just a bit:  help("lm"), help("glm"),
help.search("multivariate"),  but I have not found where this
behavior is documented in R.  I'm sure it is documented somewhere.

-  tom blackwell  -  u michigan medical school  -  ann arbor  -