[R] NA points in loess function

Yao, Minghua yao6889 at msmailhub.oulan.ou.edu
Fri Jun 27 17:33:38 CEST 2003

Gurus,

I used
	predict(loess(Y~X));

where Y and X are of the same length. But there are same NA's in both Y and
X. Those NA's are in the same locations in Y and X. The following is the
error messageI got:

Error in "[<-"(*tmp*, , i, value = predict(loess(Y~X))) :
        number of items to replace is not a multiple of replacement length

If I replaced the NA's with a number, the function worked. What I want to do
is to ignores those NA's. help(loess) doesn't say how to give value to
na.action. It just says the default is to stop. Please help. Thank you in
advance.

-Minghua Yao