[R] Rcmdr active data set

John Fox jfox at mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca
Wed Jun 25 04:20:53 CEST 2003

Dear Andy,

The problem here is a name clash -- the data frame name (x) in the global
environment is being shadowed by a local variable of the same name.

Clearly this is
undesirable, and I'll try to figure out a way to avoid it for the next
version of the Rcmdr package, but an immediate solution is to use a
different name, such as mydata. (I assume that you tried the "Data ->
Active data set -> Select active data set" and found that the data frame x
wasn't listed as it should have been.)

Thanks for bringing the problem to my attention.

John