[R] ?plot problem

Hotz, T. th50 at leicester.ac.uk
Tue Jun 24 11:04:09 CEST 2003

I can reproduce this behaviour which has been discussed several
times on this list as far as I remember.

After turning plot history on, execute

> plot(lm(I(sin(1:10)~I(1:10))))

and have a look at all plots.

If you then step back using PgUp, and step forward again with PgDn,
the last plot can't be reached. This is because it was never finished;
R plots don't know whether you still want to add something, so this plot
hasn't been "saved" yet. The solution is to "add" the plot first,
using INS (or History_Add), or create another plot, or,... That finishes
the plot, and makes it available in the history.

Hope that helps.

Thomas

> version
         _
platform i386-pc-mingw32
arch     i386
os       mingw32
system   i386, mingw32
status
major    1
minor    7.0
year     2003
month    04
day      16
language R

---

Thomas Hotz
Research Associate in Medical Statistics
University of Leicester
United Kingdom

Department of Epidemiology and Public Health
22-28 Princess Road West
Leicester
LE1 6TP
Tel +44 116 252-5410