[R] R Commander

John Fox jfox at mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca
Mon Jun 23 17:30:13 CEST 2003

Dear Harold,

It's odd that something that worked previously no longer works, so my
first thought is to ask what's changed?

Second, I'd determine whether the problem is in the Rcmdr package or in
the read.spss function in the foreign package, which Rcmdr calls. Can you
import the data properly using read.spss directly?

Third, since "parse error" is a vague message, you might be able to get
some more information from traceback() about where there error is
occurring.

Fourth, does this problem always occur now when you try to import an SPSS
data set or only with a particular data set?

I hope that this helps. Please let me know what happens.

John