[R] Refreshing windows contents with XFree 3.3.6 & 4.1.0

Timur Elzhov Timur.Elzhov at jinr.ru
Mon Jun 23 17:29:43 CEST 2003

Dear R experts.

I was using R on Debian GNU/Linux (woody) with XFree86 4.1.0.
I plotted a lot of graphs on the separate canvas, and, after
arising any other R x11() window with mouse, it didn't refresh
its content immediately, but on the next clicking it did.

I replaced XFree86 server 4.1.0 version with 3.3.6 one, and that
removed the problem - now R windows refresh their contents
immediately after being arised up.

Is R or Xfree server responsible of that?

[I reproduced this problem on the work and home computers,
 with Matrox Mystique and S3 Trio3D/2X video cards]

Thank you very much.

--
WBR,
Timur