[R] core dump on solaris 2.9

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sun Jun 22 21:34:06 CEST 2003

[I presume this is sparc-Solaris, but you did not say.]

Please do as the INSTALL file asks and read the R-admin manual: this *is*
documented there!  That version of gcc is obselete, and unusable on
sparc-Solaris.  You will have to find a working compiler: if all else
fails, try turning optimization off completely (for C, C++ and Fortran).

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk