[R] Building R Packages

Mark Piorecky mpiorecky at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 20 00:04:20 CEST 2003

Thanx to all who responded to my plea for help.  You were right, I did not
have the Path environment set properly for the tools package.  I get  a
little further now, but still get an error message.

My Cmd Window looks like this:
    Rcmd SHLIB combo.f
    ar cr combo.a *.o
    ranlib combo.a
    gcc --shared -s -o combo.dll combo.def
omo.a  -LC:/PROGRA~1/R/rw1070/src/gnuwin32  -lg2c -lR
    Warning: .drectve '%.*s' unrecognized
    Warning: .drectve '%.*s' unrecognized
    Warning: .drectve '%.*s' unrecognized
    Warning: .drectve '%.*s' unrecognized
    Warning: .drectve '%.*s' unrecognized
    Warning: .drectve '%.*s' unrecognized
    Warning: .drectve '%.*s' unrecognized

I've read through the readme.packages text and have applied everything that
I think applies to my situation, except for that R is installed in "Program
Files".  I will move it to a dir with ni spaces next.

Any other suggestions?

Mark