[R] Problem reading a PDF output

james.holtman@convergys.com james.holtman at convergys.com
Thu Jun 19 21:01:27 CEST 2003

I generated a PDF output file of 10 plots.  When I try to view it with
Adobe reader (R4 & R5), it will lockup the reader (it is consuming 100% of
the CPU) after presenting the 4th plot.  I can generate the plots just fine
in Windows and as a postscript file reading it with GSview.

Is there anyway to tell what might be wrong with the PDF output?  The file
is 890KB in size if anyone would like to look at it.  The postscript file
is 783KB in size.

I was able to isolate it to a single plot in a PDF file and it had 38,000
lines of the following that composed 99% of the file:  (I was plotting out
individual events, which were about that many)

86.66 88.67 m
86.66 92.81 l
86.66 96.95 l
86.66 101.09 l
86.66 105.23 l
86.66 109.37 l
86.66 113.51 l
:::::::::::::  38,000 more of the same
388.87 96.95 l
388.87 92.81 l
388.97 88.67 l
389.07 84.53 l
Q q
0.000 0.000 0.000 RG
0.75 w
[] 0 d

Is this breaking some limit in PDF?

I am running:

platform i386-pc-mingw32
arch     i386
os       mingw32
system   i386, mingw32
status
major    1
minor    7.1
year     2003
month    06
day      16
language R
James Holtman               "What is the problem you are trying to solve?"
Executive Consultant  --  Office of Technology, Convergys
james.holtman at convergys.com
(513) 723-2929

--
"NOTICE:  The information contained in this electronic mail tran... {{dropped}}