[R] GLME

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Thu Jun 19 19:46:43 CEST 2003

Federico Calboli <f.calboli at ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> does anyone know if the package GLME by J. Pinheiro is available anywhere
> in any form? checking on the archive I got that it was at some point, as as
> a beta version (for S-Plus only, alas)...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Federico

I don't think it is available for R.  You can fit a generalized linear
mixed model in R using function glmmPQL from package MASS. Saikat
DebRoy and I will release version 0.2 of the lme4 package that also
implements PQL parameter estimation for GLMMs.  In July we will
release the 0.3 version that provides both PQL and PQL followed by
maximum likelihood based on second-order Laplace approximation.  The
0.4 release (not yet scheduled) will provide maximum likelihood using
adaptive Gauss-Hermite quadrature.