[R] Macintosh plots

Jonck van der Kogel jonck at vanderkogel.net
Wed Jun 18 12:42:38 CEST 2003

Hi Ian,
Not 100% sure on this, but I've recently been wrestling with producing
plots in R and I think I know the answer to your question. As far as I
could tell, all the parameters for graphics are stored using par().
There is a parameter $bg, which for me is set to "transparent", but
I'll bet that for you it's set to "charcoal" or something like that :-)
I would not be surprised if you could set the background of your plot
to transparent with the following command:
par$bg <- "transparent"

HTH, Jonck