[R] Error in .C("open_netcdf"

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Mon Jun 16 19:07:26 CEST 2003

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 06:56:49 -0700 (PDT), you wrote in message
<Pine.A41.4.44.0306160655350.240824-100000 at homer04.u.washington.edu>:

>  Does the Windows version include libnetcdf, and if not, what
>would the symptoms be if it were not present?

Windows doesn't include it.  I just tried building from source, and it
failed because of that.

When I ask Rgui to install from CRAN, it doesn't see netCDF  ---  this
means that Uwe hasn't built the binary for it, which probably means
some manual intervention is needed.

My conclusion:  netCDF isn't available for Windows 1.7 or greater,
until someone tracks down the pieces and adds them.

Duncan Murdoch