[R] Re: [BioC] installing XML in linux

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Jun 9 16:53:56 CEST 2003

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 06:03:55AM -0700, Mahbub Latif wrote:
> Thanks a lot Prof Bates. One more thing... What Debian
> packages should I install to install R packages
> Rgraphviz and rhdf5?

For any given 'foo' I usually start by

$ apt-cache search foo		# may return lots
$ apt-cache search libfoo	# more focussed for libraries

In this case, assumimg you want standard hdf5 (and not the mpich and lam
variants that are also available) and

$ apt-get install libhdf5-serial-dev graphviz

but I do not know if the graphviz package has all you need.

One day we may have suitable .deb packages for this to make installation of
complex CRAN / bioC packages a litte easier.

Dirk

--
Don't drink and derive. Alcohol and analysis don't mix.