[R] looking for Prof Bates' file

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Mon Jun 9 14:08:23 CEST 2003

Peter Dalgaard BSA <p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk> writes:

> "Viet Nguyen,,," <nhviet at rocketmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > I'm reading up on fitting truncated Weibull distribution to data.
> >
> > There are posts in 2002 that point to this presentation by Prof Bates:
> >
> > http://www.stat.wisc.edu/~bates/JSM2001.pdf
> >
> > but now the file is not there. I can't find it anywhere else, Google
> > doesn't have a cached copy for it.
> >
> > Could someone please give me a copy of this file, if they have it?
> >
> > Thanks and regards,
> > viet.
>
> Looks like www.stat.wisc.edu is no longer identical to Doug's desktop
> machine. The file is still there, but I'm not too sure whether he
> would want us to tell the world how to get to it, so perhaps we should
> wait for him to reply...

Thanks for your interest in the file, Nguyen.  As Peter guessed, I
changed a configuration so that www.stat.wisc.edu/~bates is served
from a departmental machine instead of a private machine.  I have
copied the file JSM2001.pdf to the departmental server so the URL
             http://www.stat.wisc.edu/~bates/JSM2001.pdf
is valid again.

By the way, that PDF file opens in 'full-screen' mode, which sometimes
confuses browsers.  I recommend that you download the file then open
it in a PDF viewer application like acrobat.