[R] early R messages to stdout

John Zedlewski johnz at vmware.com
Mon Jun 9 04:53:14 CEST 2003

Hi,
 I have an R script that takes its input in the form of command-line
parameters. It works fine, but R complains about every unknown arg with the
"ARGUMENT %s ignored" message, and this goes to stdout instead of stderr
because R_ConsoleFile isn't set yet. Is it really necessary to process all
command line args before setting R_ConsoleFile? It seems that only Aqua
systems care about their arguments when choosing the console file.

  I've attached a diff (against 1.7.0) that fixes this issue, so that non-Aqua
unix folks can redirect stderr to /dev/null and not have to worry about those
annoying argument ignored errors anymore.

--JRZ