[R] sas vs. r

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Fri Jun 6 20:44:04 CEST 2003

	  Please check "http://www.r-project.org/" -> search -> "R site
search".  My search just now for "R vs. SAS for FDA" produced 14 matches.

	  My bottom line from reading comments on this issue is that it is like
the comment 20 years ago that, "Nobody in management ever got fired for
buying IBM."  The "r-help" archives include comments that FDA has no
specific guidelines for what software must be used, although there are
doubtless general guidelines relating to documentation and testing that
it does what it claims.

hth.  spencer graves