[R] Query about C Function Interface

Duncan Murdoch dmurdoch at pair.com
Fri Jun 6 14:04:55 CEST 2003

On Thu, 05 Jun 2003 23:50:07 -0500, you wrote:

>if(!is.loaded(C.symbol("woa")))  dyn.load(woa.obj)   # woa is my file name
>in C
>
>Error message coming like this:
>
>Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
>        unable to load shared library "C:/Program Files/R/rw1070/woa.so":
>  LoadLibrary failure:  The specified module could not be found

This message indicates that you set your filename to "woa.so", which
doesn't make sense in a Windows context.  As Brian Ripley said, you
need to make a DLL.

There are some instructions on making DLLs in the readme.packages help
file; more are on my web page

 <http://www.stats.uwo.ca/faculty/murdoch/software/compilingDLLs/>

Duncan Murdoch