[R] Query about C Function Interface

70808subhash kalla subhash_kalla at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 6 06:50:07 CEST 2003

Sir/Madam,

I am a graduate student in Petroleum Engineering. I have a problem in using
R and hope that you could help in solving that. I have a code in C, which
displays orthogonal arrays when I give number of rows and number of columns
to it. I have another code in R that calls this C code. I am very new to R.
I downloaded the R and loaded packages base and mva. I also kept my C code
.exe file in the R\rw1070 directory and used the function that is written in
R. There is some problem in this line it seems:

if(!is.loaded(C.symbol("woa")))  dyn.load(woa.obj)   # woa is my file name
in C

Error message coming like this:

Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
        unable to load shared library "C:/Program Files/R/rw1070/woa.so":
  LoadLibrary failure:  The specified module could not be found

I tried to get help from help files but I couldn’t get the problem solved.
Its very important for me to fix this problem as fast as possible and hope
you could help me in this regard.

Thank You
Sincerely,
Kalla