[R] Estimates for proportions

Tanya Murphy tmurph6 at po-box.mcgill.ca
Wed Jun 4 17:16:01 CEST 2003

Hello,

I need to get a point estimate and SD for a proportion, but the subjects' data
are not binary---they are proportions (of doses received). That is, I have a
proportion for each subject. In the past I have analysed these data as a
continuous (normal) variable, but I really don't want CIs over 100%. This
seems like basic stuff, but I don't remember learning it and it's proving
difficult to find (in medical statistics texts, anyway). Any pointers would be
greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Tanya Murphy
Dept. Epidemiology