[R] coefficient of logistic regression

orkun temiz at deprem.gov.tr
Wed Jun 4 14:04:06 CEST 2003

John Fox wrote:

> Dear Ahmet,
>
> Sorry for the slow response, but I've been busy all today,
> coincidentally teaching a workshop on logistic regression.
>
> Tom Blackwell sent you a useful suggestion for interpreting
> coefficients on the odds scale. If you want to trace out the partial
> relationship of the fitted probability of response to a particular
> predictor holding others constant, you can set the other predictors to
> typical values and let the predictor in question vary over its range,
> transforming the fitted log-odds to the probability scale.
>
> You may be interested in my effects package (on CRAN or at
> <http://socserv.socsci.mcmaster.ca/jfox/Misc/effects/index.html>),
> which makes these kinds of displays for linear and generalized-linear
> models, including those with interactions.
>
> Regards,
>  John
>
> At 03:06 PM 6/3/2003 +0300, orkun wrote:
>
>> John Fox wrote:

>>> Dear Ahmet,
>>>
>>> This will almost surely give you nonsense, since it produces a
>>> fitted probability ignoring the constant in the model (assuming that
>>> there is one), setting other predictors to 0 and the predictor in
>>> question to 1. What is it that you want to do?
>>>
>>> I hope that this helps,
>>>  John
>>>

>> thank you
>>
>> Say, I just want to find each predictor's particular effect on
>> dependent variables.
>> Actual model is to prepare landslide susceptibility map on GIS. So  I
>> want to know
>> what the effect as probability value comes from each predictor. For
>> instane what is the effect
>> of  slope on landslide susceptibility. Should I keep others constant ?
>>
>> kind regards

> John Fox
> Department of Sociology
> McMaster University
> Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8S 4M4
> email: jfox at mcmaster.ca
> phone: 905-525-9140x23604
> web: www.socsci.mcmaster.ca/jfox

Dear Mr. Fox

thank you very much all.

Because of related to your answer. I ask you directly if you don't mind
I studied several ways after my email.
I wonder whether pgeo<-predict.glm(glm.ob,type="terms")
gives same result with probability value I asked before.
I tried on it. But it gives "Error in rep(1/n,n) %*%
model.matrix(object): non conformable
arguments" .

By the way , your teaching notes is available on the internet ?

cordially

can y