[R] coefficient of logistic regression

orkun temiz at deprem.gov.tr
Tue Jun 3 14:06:23 CEST 2003

John Fox wrote:

> At 11:54 AM 6/3/2003 +0300, orkun wrote:
>
>> in logistic regression,
>> I want to know that it is possible to get probability values of each
>> predictors by
>> using following formula for each predictor one by one (keeping
>> constant the others)
>> <<< exp(coef)/(1+exp(coef)) >>>
>

> Dear Ahmet,
>
> This will almost surely give you nonsense, since it produces a fitted
> probability ignoring the constant in the model (assuming that there is
> one), setting other predictors to 0 and the predictor in question to
> 1. What is it that you want to do?
>
> I hope that this helps,
>  John

> John Fox
> Department of Sociology
> McMaster University
> Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8S 4M4
> email: jfox at mcmaster.ca
> phone: 905-525-9140x23604
> web: www.socsci.mcmaster.ca/jfox

thank you

Say, I just want to find each predictor's particular effect on dependent
variables.
Actual model is to prepare landslide susceptibility map on GIS. So  I
want to know
what the effect as probability value comes from each predictor. For
instane what is the effect
of  slope on landslide susceptibility. Should I keep others constant ?

kind regards