[R] Problem with INSTALL packages (was: Problems with Rcmd build --- windows)

kjetil brinchmann halvorsen kjetil at entelnet.bo
Tue Jul 29 16:27:03 CEST 2003

On 29 Jul 2003 at 7:53, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:

Uwe Ligges thought it might be an Xemacs problem, it is nit, see
below. I have run the scripts in different manners from different
places, same problem.

Also, I don't think there is a syntax problem in the file. It is
thouroghly checked. What seems more probable, is there is a problem
with size. The complete file have 706 lines. When I omit (almost) all
the content from the
\format{ ...
   \describe{ ...

part, and so reduce the file to 35 lines, the problems disappear. I
did this reduction in parts, and each time the output of the form

\itemnormal-bracket1001bracket-normalVALUnormal-bracket1001bracket-

appears at about the same line number, until the file is small enough
it disappears.

Kjetil Halvorsen