[R] Problems with Rcmd build --- windows

kjetil brinchmann halvorsen kjetil at entelnet.bo
Tue Jul 29 06:40:24 CEST 2003

Hola!

I am using Rcmd build --binary ... on a windows XP system, and am
encountering a strange problem. Rcmd claims there are syntax errors
in one of mine .Rd files

******* Syntax error: mismatched or missing brackets in

I take "brackets" to mean [], and I have none of them in the file,
and don't think they are needed. Rcmd prints out the offending file,
and in the printout I can find:

 \itemnormal-bracket1001bracket-normalVALUnormal-bracket1001bracket-
normal{a factor, did you ever in life use alucinogenos,  with levels
                \code{No} \code{Si}}

Which is of course not what I have in my file, I have

 \item{VALU}{a factor, did you ever in life use alucinogenos,  with
levels
                \code{No} \code{Si}}

This strange expansion of the braces {} does not occur any other
place. I am running Rcmd from a shell window in Xemacs.

Any explanation of this strange happening?

Kjetil Halvorsen