[R] inverse prediction and Poisson regression

Vincent Philion vincent.philion at irda.qc.ca
Fri Jul 25 08:01:17 CEST 2003

Hello and thank you for your interest in this problem.

"real life data" would look like this:

x	y
0		28
0.03		21
0.1		11
0.3		15
1		5
3		4
10		1
30		0
100		0

x	y
0	30
0.0025	30
0.02	25
0.16	25
1.28	10
10.24	0
81.92	0

X	Y
0	35
0.00025	23
0.002	14
0.016	6
0.128	5
1.024	3
8.192	2

X	Y
0  43
0.00025  35
0.002  20
0.016  16
0.128  11
1.024  6
8.192   0

Where X is dose and Y is response.
the relation is linear for log(response) = b log(dose) + intercept

Response for dose 0 is a "control" = Ymax. So, What I want is the dose for 50% response. For instance, in example 1:

Ymax = 28 (this is also an observation with Poisson error)

So I want dose for response = 14 = approx. 0.3

any help would be greatly appreciated!

bye for now,

Vincent

--