[R] postscript device: pch='.' size?

ivo welch ivo.welch at yale.edu
Thu Jul 24 23:39:00 CEST 2003

hi ladies and gents:

I am using R 1.7.0.  Alas, the pch="." in the postscript device is too
large for me, but apparently not scaleable via cex.  Maybe a bug, though
I read a complaing about this in the list archives from 1999, and given
that it is still around, maybe it is a "feature."

Now, I would be happy with pch="o" and cex=0.05, but for some strange
reason, the resulting .eps file then becomes 3 times the size (200K,
rather than 70K).  For web-downloadable files, this can become painful.

Are there any remedies?

Regards,

/iaw