[R] Probability plotting with R

A. Gunes Koru gkoru at engr.smu.edu
Fri Jul 18 17:27:12 CEST 2003

Hello,

Our professor asked us to do probability plotting using weibull paper,
exponential paper, normal, log-normal paper, etc. I know I can create Q-Q
plot for normal dist. and see if all te points are on one line. How do I
go about other distributions?

I tried generating different samples and use the general qq function.
However, I could not do it since I don't know the population parameters
(In normal QQ, we assume that the sample mean and variance were population
parameters too)

I was wondering if there is any way of probability plotting with R instead
of using the papers. I appreciate your helps in advance.

Regards

A. Gunes Koru