[R] R won't connect to the internet

Marsland, John John.Marsland at CommerzbankIB.com
Fri Jul 18 13:17:56 CEST 2003

I have had a play with the --internet2 flag under windows NT and XP

if you set the target on your shortcut to:

"C:\Program Files\R\rw1071\bin\Rgui.exe" --internet2

it should work. I think your problem is to do with the placement of the
quote marks - it's a wonderfully horrible idea to be able to put spaces in
filenames...

Regards,

John