[R] group sequential and adaptive designs

Marc Vandemeulebroecke vandemem at gmx.de
Thu Jul 10 14:13:20 CEST 2003

Hello R users,

I am looking for R (or S) code related to group sequential or adaptive
designs for clinical trials. (The most prominent examples are the designs of
Pocock or O'Brien/Fleming, the alpha-spending function approach, or Fisher's
combination test and the inverse normal method.) I am particularly interested in
the calculation of the critical boundaries, the handling of spending functions
and, most of all, power calculations. All I could find were announcements of
courses or postings related to the S-Plus SeqTrial module. No code. Can
anyone give a hint?

Many thanks in advance,
Marc