[R] RMySQL in Windows

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Mon Jul 7 17:51:54 CEST 2003

Carlos Rios wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>   I'm having some problens using the RMySQL under R 1.7.0 (1.7.1) for
> Windows. Actualy, It's not available for download at Packages > Install
> packages from CRAN. I searched and download a version, but I just can't
> install it.
>   I used tom use rmysql with an old version of R, and I remember it was
> "suported" by CRAN. I have already downloaded the DBI package.
>   Anyone can help me talk to MySQL?

Binary packages for Windows were never supported, but provided, AFAIK.
Since there are some prerequisites for RMySQL and some version specific
things going on related to your MySQL installation, we do not publish a
binary version. It seems to be "dangerous" in a way to do so. Please
compile it from sources yourself and read the RMySQL docs before doing
so.

Uwe Ligges