[R] Printing multiple graphics devices

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Mon Jul 7 11:11:01 CEST 2003

Nathaniel Street wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm using a function (arrayview from the maanova package)

Presumably most of us don't know "the maanova" package, which is not on
CRAN.

 > that produces
> 12 plots, all in separate windows. How can I get each one to print to a
> jpeg file as the plots are produced?

Well, in principle jpeg() and friends should work as is, given the
function you are using doesn't print to an x11() or windows() device
explicitly.

 > Alternatively, is it possible to
> get dev.print (jpeg.....) to print all open graphics devices to separate
> windows?

I guess you are going to save all opened x11() devices into jpegs?
In that case just loop over the list of opened devices.

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Nat Street

Uwe Ligges