[R] crossed random effects

Sarah Mclean sarahmclean9 at yahoo.co.nz
Tue Jul 1 23:35:38 CEST 2003

Hi,

thanks for the advice. I have looked at the Pinheiro
and Bates book and I've tried simplifying my model.

I've narrowed the problem down to having mum nested
within pop. If I run the analysis on each population
separately, the interaction between mo and su with mum
works fine.

If I could analyse all of the pops at once this would
be preferable because I have multiple responses and
pops to test so it would take a bit of time. I'm
hoping there is any easier way.

Thanks
Sarah

  Have you studied Pinhiero and Bates (2000) Mixed