[R] lines and legend

apjaworski@mmm.com apjaworski at mmm.com
Tue Jul 1 21:56:33 CEST 2003

Anna,

I found this quite useful in positioning a legend:

plot(1:10, 1:10)
legend(locator(1), "A legend")

Now, go to the plot window and click your left mouse where you want the
upper left corner of the legend to appear.  Ithink, this should work no
matter what your coordinate system is.

Hope this helps,

Andy

__________________________________
Andy Jaworski
Engineering Systems Technology Center
3M Center, 518-1-01
St. Paul, MN 55144-1000
-----
E-mail: apjaworski at mmm.com
Tel:  (651) 733-6092
Fax:  (651) 736-3122

|---------+-------------------------------->
|         |           "Anna  H. Pryor"     |
|         |           <anna at ptolemy.arc.nas|
|         |           a.gov>               |
|         |           Sent by:             |
|         |           r-help-bounces at stat.m|
|         |           ath.ethz.ch          |
|         |                                |
|         |                                |
|         |           07/01/2003 12:45     |
  |      cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |      Subject:  [R] lines and legend                                                                                         |

When I am trying to put a legend on a plot where I am using "lines", R just

ignores it.  I can do it with boxplot or plot, but just not with lines.  Am
doing something wrong?  Maybe I am just making a mistake?

Anna