[R] Memory problem:Failing to increase dynamic memory

Tapan Mehta tapmehta at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 1 17:23:40 CEST 2003

Hello,

I am trying to use R1.7 on Linux. I having some
problem with memory. The task has to handle 100 files
of 10MB (each file is .CEL file) and is related to
microarrays. I am trying to run this task on a 2GB or
a 4 GB node of a Bewoulf Linux based cluster. However
I am getting this error saying 'array size of 336000KB
cannot be intialized'.

 I have seen the help of R for memory but I have not
been able to increase the dynamic memory. I used to
use the memory.limit(size = ) function in the older
version of R(1.6.1) .In the latest version however I
am unable to achieve the task by using the function
mem.limits(). It would be nice if somebody could help
me out on this.

Thanks,

Tapan