[R] Problems with boot package (empinf returns NA)

Roger Peng rpeng at stat.ucla.edu
Fri Jan 31 22:17:03 CET 2003

How many bootstrap resamples did you use in your original call to `boot'?
I sometimes get this error when the number of resamples is small.  Try
increasing the value for the `R' parameter in `boot' and rerun the bca.ci
function.  For example,

> set.seed(100)
> f <- function(x, i) median(x[i])
> bca.ci(boot(x, f, R = 10))
Error in if (!all(rk > 1 & rk < R)) warning("Extreme Order Statistics used
as Endpoints") :
        missing value where TRUE/FALSE needed

But the following works,

> set.seed(100)
> bca.ci(boot(x, f, R = 1000))
     conf
[1,] 0.95 20.15 970.16 -0.3172107 0.06934598

-roger
UCLA Department of Statistics
rpeng at stat.ucla.edu
http://www.stat.ucla.edu/~rpeng