[R] svm regression in R

Christoph Helma helma at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Jan 31 15:39:03 CET 2003

Hallo,

I have a question concerning SVM regression in R. I intend to use SVMs for feature selection (and knowledge discovery). For this purpose I will need to extract the weights that are associated with my features. I understand from a previous thread on SVM classification, that predictive models can be derived from SVs, coefficiants and rhos, but it is unclear for me how to transfer this information to the regression problem. Can anyone help in this respect (I am *not* an SVM expert)?

Thanks,
Christoph
--
:: christoph helma