[R] random number generator?

Bob Wheeler bwheeler at echip.com
Wed Jan 29 15:11:05 CET 2003

Well if the base generator is to be changed, it might be a
good idea to consider implementing one of Marsaglia's really
long period generators. His latest, using titanic primes,
has a period of >2^131086. It is extremely fast. Even more
could be done, by replacing the two phase normal generator
by faster generator using a single phase.