[R] Modified F-test for heterogeneous error variances

Corey Moffet cmoffet at nwrc.ars.usda.gov
Tue Jan 21 16:35:03 CET 2003

Dear R-help:

Does anyone know of a package in R that will do Welch's modified F-test
for heterogeneous error variances?  Are there other statistical techniques
available in R that test the equality of means when homoscedastisity
is violated?  't.test' does this in the pairwise sense when var.equal =
With best wishes and kind regards I am


Corey A. Moffet
Support Scientist

University of Idaho
Northwest Watershed Research Center
800 Park Blvd, Plaza IV, Suite 105
Boise, ID 83712-7716
(208) 422-0718

More information about the R-help mailing list