[R] Command History

Pierre-Andre Cornillon pac at Uhb.Fr
Tue Jan 21 11:49:02 CET 2003

Hello,

I had the same problem with Solaris 7 and 8. I just
re-compile readline (I used the readline-4.2) and recompile R
and no problem afterwards. I think it's better
not using the sunfreeware package of readline, it doesn't works properly
(1 year ago).

Good luck

PS
a/ to have static or shared library for readline 4.2 you have
2 different make steps (it is written in README somewhere and not
in the INSTALL file)
./configure
make
make intall
make shared
make install-shared
b/ I had some problem with bash2.05 and readline4.3 (on sparc-linux) so
may be readline4.3 is too new ?