[R] .Fortran error

Rodolfo Espino III rudy at polisci.wisc.edu
Fri Jan 17 22:57:02 CET 2003

I am running R version (1.6.2-1) on Redhat Linux 8.0.
I am unsuccesfully trying to compile Fortran code and then loading the
created object into R.
The following are the basic commands I have used to do this.

#R CMD SHLIB -o file.f
#R
>dyn.load("file.so")

In the above command I have been explicit and unexplicit about directory
paths.
I then go on to enter another command and receive the following error
message:

Error in .Fortran("difp", :
        C/Fortran function name not in load table

I checked on the shared object as follows but this may not necessarily tell
me anything about loading properly or not:

>is.loaded("file.so")
[1] FALSE

I am certain that the error message I am receiving is due to my inability to
load the object properly but I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.  Any
help/advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rudy Espino