[R] S-Plus compatability...

Pikounis, Bill v_bill_pikounis at merck.com
Wed Jan 15 19:57:03 CET 2003

Neil,

You may want to look at the 7th and preceding lines of traceback().  For
instance, the read.table() function calls scan() in its body definition.
You may even have something else calling the functon that called scan (e.g.
read.table()) in the script where the error occurred.  Perhaps you can
provide the traceback() output?

Hope that helps,
Bill