[R] Fw: Plotting text-string real_date names at excel_date positions.

Roger Peng rpeng at stat.ucla.edu
Mon Jan 13 04:18:03 CET 2003

You probably want to use the `axes = FALSE' argument to plot and then
construct the axes yourself with the axis() function.  Perhaps something
like (using the real variable names, of course):

attach("mydataset")
plot(exceldate, chemical, axes = FALSE, frame.plot = TRUE, type = "l")
axis(2)
axis(1, exceldate, realdate)

This may produce an x-axis that's too crammed so you'll have to fiddle
with it so that the labels are nicely spaced.  Maybe something like

idx <- seq(1, length(exceldate), by = 2)
axis(1, exceldate[idx], realdate[idx])

-roger
UCLA Department of Statistics
rpeng at stat.ucla.edu