[R] Access to R from a remote location - follow up

Erich Neuwirth erich.neuwirth at univie.ac.at
Fri Jan 10 18:34:05 CET 2003

for keeping a job running when i log out on a unix system
i use the gnu tool
screen

it has many functions,
one being able to disconnect from a running (even interactive)
terminal session and making the process believe that you are still
connected. next time you log in, you connect to the "old" session.

so it definitely would support what you want to do.