[R] GRASS/R interface problem

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Fri Jan 10 14:10:03 CET 2003

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Miha STAUT wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> In my version of the R package GRASS (pre-4) I only manage to export an R
> object to GRASS with the name "akspl" which, if I am not wrong, is only a
> sample name in the example(). It goes that way:

First, the current package is GRASS_0.1-11, so maybe update, and see if
that makes a difference.

> rast.obj->akspl
> rast.put(G, akspl, lname="rast.obj", ...)

Your question is whether rast.put() only works with a single R object
name? No, definitely not, but it isn't always easy to remember which bugs
existed in versions dating back several years. The *pre* tarfile name
suggests that you do not have a proper released package anyway.

> Is that a known problem or have I done something wrong anywhere?

Finally, it is usual to ask package maintainers questions like this,
rather than this list - there is also a limited volume mailing list
specifically for this too: http://grass.itc.it/statsgrass/index.html

> Miha Staut

Roger Bivand

e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no