[R] Access to R from a remote location

Jonathan Baron baron at cattell.psych.upenn.edu
Thu Jan 9 19:18:03 CET 2003

On 01/09/03 13:12, Erick Edwards wrote:
>Currently, our organization grants some employees remote access to SAS
>and other software through a secure Citrix-based network server.  We
>would like to install R on a dedicated network server and enable remote
>access through Citrix.  Is this possible?  If so, what additional
>software would we need?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know about Citrix, but I have had success running R with
VNC (http://realvnc.com).  Of course, since R is free, everyone
who uses it can install it.  But for occasional users, like
students doing an assignment, this works well.  Jon

Home page:            http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron
R page:               http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/