[R] Maps in R

Virgilio Gómez Rubio Virgilio.Gomez at uv.es
Wed Jan 8 12:26:03 CET 2003

Hi,

There a package called RArcInfo (which I've written) which can import
data maps in ESRI E00 files and Arc/Info V 7.x binary coverages.
Besides, it provides several functions to plot maps. One of them allows
polygons to be filled with different colors.

Please, visit http://matheron.uv.es/~virgil/Rpackages/RArcInfo and take
a look at the draft tutorial and to the screenshots.

By the way, I think you can get all the US states maps for free in E00
format from the web of the Census (www.census.gov).

Hope this helps. Regards,

--
             Virgilio Gómez Rubio

Dpto. Estadística e I. O. - Facultat de Matemàtiques
Avda. Vicent A. Estellés, 1 - 46100 Burjassot
Valencia - SPAIN

http://matheron.uv.es/~virgil

TLF: 00 34 96 354 43 62 - FAX: 00 34 96 354 47 35