[R] Greek Letters for labeling persp-axis

salvatore barbaro sbarbar at uni-goettingen.de
Mon Jan 6 10:21:04 CET 2003

Hi everybody,

on ?plotmath it can be seen that mathematical expressions like a
greek letter could not be used for x- and y-axis labels in 'persp'
plots. Unfortunately, this is exactly what I want to do: I need an
expression(rho) to label the y-axes. Does anybody know a way to
solve the problem. Further, Latex works very well by using the
command tilde{y}^{[dip]} but I have some troubles in R (for
instance, as a 'main' argument in a simple plot), probably due to
the square brackets. The command expression(tilde(y)^(dip)) works,
but what I want to get are indeed the square brackets.

Thanks in advance.

Yours

Salvatore Barbaro

salvatore barbaro