[R] Statistical Learning and Data Mining short course

Rob Tibshirani tibs at stat.stanford.edu
Mon Jan 6 07:09:03 CET 2003

I thought this might be of interest to R users:

Short course: Statistical Learning and Data Mining

Trevor Hastie and Robert Tibshirani
Stanford University

Sheraton Hotel,
Palo Alto, California
February 27-28, 2003

This two-day course gives a detailed overview of statistical
models for data mining, inference and prediction.

This sequel to our popular Modern Regression and Classification course
covers many new areas of unsupervised learning and data mining,
and  gives an in-depth treatment of some of the hottest tools
in supervised learning. Applications to genomics, marketing
and engineering are discussed.

The first course is not a pre-requisite for this new course.

Much of the material is based on our recent book:

Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference and Prediction,
Hastie, Tibshirani & Friedman, Springer-Verlag, 2001.
http://www-stat.stanford.edu/ElemStatLearn

A copy of this book will be given to all attendees.

For more information on the course, and registration information,
go to the site
http://www-stat.stanford.edu/~hastie/mrc.html
Rob Tibshirani, Dept of Health Research & Policy
 and Dept of Statistics
HRP Redwood Bldg
Stanford University
Stanford, California 94305-5405

phone: HRP: 650-723-7264 (Voice mail),  Statistics 650-723-1185
FAX 650-725-8977
tibs at stat.stanford.edu
http://www-stat.stanford.edu/~tibs