[R] R (external ?) reference

Luke Tierney luke at stat.uiowa.edu
Fri Feb 28 15:35:03 CET 2003

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, Laurent Gautier wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> I found a documentation on the web that mentions things like 'R references'
> (http://www.stat.uiowa.edu/~luke/R/simpleref.html).
>
> However, I could not find the R_MakeReference and friends in R...
> Does anyone knows more about that ?

It's not as clear as it could be in that document but that part was
just a proposal.  It has not been implemented.  Something at the pure
R level along these lines can easily be implemented with environments;
something a bit more sophisticated may eventually make it into the
methods package.

luke

--
Luke Tierney